2019 FILM ON THE ROCKS SEASON
Film on the Rocks is one of the most popular outdoor events in Denver
And no wonder! You get to watch the sunset over the Rockies in one of the most spectacular venues in the world that lives right here in our backyard. (Red Rocks Amphitheater) You get to bring your friends and family, listen to great music and then watch a cult classic movie at dusk. In 2012 more than 60,000 people attended one of the Movies on the ROCK!
“We know that summer has truly arrived in Colorado when film fans flock to Film on the Rocks, the Front Range’s annual outdoor hit summer series,” said Britta Erickson, festival director for the Denver Film Society. “It’s the ideal combination of music and film in one of the most beautiful settings in our state. Nothing beats an affordable evening at Red Rocks in the summertime.”
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., bands begin playing at 7 p.m., and movies start at dusk. $15 General Admission.
Film on the Rocks Schedule
- Titanic – May 10, 2019
- Bohemian Rhapsody – May 28, 2019
- Ghost Busters – June 3, 2019
- Mean Girls – June 17, 2019
- Top Gun – July 1, 2019
- The Mighty Ducks – August 5, 2019
- Free Solo – August 19, 2019
New to Red Rocks this year is Flash Seats! Flash Seats is an ID-based, digital ticketing system and the preferred admission method at Red Rocks. It eliminates paper tickets and allows you to enter Red Rocks events with a Flash Seats ID, your driver’s license or the credit card used to purchase tickets. To learn more, visit redrocksonline.com/flashseats. To Order Tickets from AXS click here.
FAQ’s for Film on the Rocks 2019
What Time Does The Show Start?
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., bands begin playing at 7 p.m., and movies start at dusk.
How Much Are Tickets?
General Admission tickets are $16. The VIP seating section is available for $32.
Can My Band Play At Film On The Rocks?
Thanks so much for your interest in playing at Film on the Rocks. We do curate each of our bands and do not necessarily fill our bands based on the application below. This season’s line-up is all booked but you can submit your band using our online form to be in future consideration. We will not follow-up with all applicants and you will only be reached out to if your band is selected.
What Is Flash Seats?
FLASH SEATS is Red Rocks’ digital ticketing technology which provides you the flexibility and convenience of safely and securely managing your tickets online or in the mobile app. Learn how to use the app an manage your tickets here.
What Happens If The Weather Is Bad?
Film on the Rocks is a rain or shine event so it is advised to come prepared for all weather conditions. In the case of dangerous weather such as nearby lightning, FOTR patrons will be asked to exit the amphitheater and shelter in their cars until given the all-clear to return to the venue and the resumption of the evening’s program. In the very rare instance that a show may have to be canceled due to extended dangerous weather, all attempts will be made to reschedule it for another date and tickets for the canceled show will be honored. If rescheduling is not possible, tickets will be refunded by AXS via the original purchase method.
What Are Permitted Items For Film On The Rocks?
- Non-alcoholic beverages in factory sealed plastic containers (32 oz. or less), unless prohibited by the show; some shows may require the removal of lids upon entering the Amphitheatre.
- Empty, reusable water bottles e.g., Nalgene bottles, Camelbaks, aluminum bottles (32 oz. or less)
- Soft-sided coolers, six-pack size (10″ x 7″ x 7″ or smaller)
- Cloth bags, soft packs (12” x 17” x 12” or smaller) including backpacks
- Food for personal consumption only; food must be in a clear plastic bag (one gallon or less), fruit and vegetables must be sliced, plastic utensils only
- Blankets, must not extend beyond your ticketed seating area (max size 40″ x 60″)
- Stadium seats and seat cushions (must be under 18″ wide, cannot have legs)
- Personal cameras without removable lenses, unless prohibited by the show
Accessibility at Red Rocks
For information regarding accessibility features, policies and recommendations for your visit to Red Rocks Amphitheatre Click here.