2017 FILM ON THE ROCKS SEASON
Film on the Rocks is one of the most popular outdoor events in Denver
And no wonder! You get to watch the sunset over the Rockies in one of the most spectacular venues in the world that lives right here in our backyard. (Red Rocks Amphitheater) You get to bring your friends and family, listen to great music and then watch a cult classic movie at dusk. In 2012 more than 60,000 people attended one of the Movies on the ROCK!
“We know that summer has truly arrived in Colorado when film fans flock to Film on the Rocks, the Front Range’s annual outdoor hit summer series,” said Britta Erickson, festival director for the Denver Film Society. “It’s the ideal combination of music and film in one of the most beautiful settings in our state. Nothing beats an affordable evening at Red Rocks in the summertime.”
FILM ON THE ROCKS 2017 has been announced!
- Superbad (2007): May 15, 7 p.m. A classic Judd Apatow movie about a couple of teenager’s dream to be cool for one night. Starring Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill.
- Rogue One (2016): May 22, 7 p.m. A new Star Wars story showing an epic battle between the light side and the dark side .
- Long Strange Trip (2017): May 25, 7 p.m. This film is one Deadheads will not want to miss. This is a three-hour documentary about the legendary Bay Area rock band, The Grateful Dead that artfully stitches together vintage clips as well as interviews from the band, roadies and family members.
- Dirty Dancing (1987): June 5, 7 p.m. The classic dance drama featuring Jennifer Grey the late Patrick Swayze.
- Fan Favorite: June 12, 7 p.m. This showing is completely up to the audience! Fans can vote out of the following 12 films: “Father of the Bride,” “Four Weddings and a Funeral,” “Kill Bill Volume 1,” “Melancholia,” “Bridesmaids,” “Princess Bride,” “Sixteen Candles,” “Steel Magnolias,” “The Graduate,” “The Wedding Singer,” “Wedding Crashers” and “The Hangover.” Click here to vote!
- The Fifth Element (1997): June 19, 7 p.m. The fate of the futuristic world is in the hands of a cab driver. Five unlikely people team up to stop the approaching Great Evil from destroying the world.
- The Lego Movie (2014): July 17, 7 p.m. One for the kids. Emmet, played by Chris Pratt, an ordinary LEGO figurine who always follows the rules, is mistakenly identified as the Special—an extraordinary being and the key to saving the world.
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994): July 20, 7 p.m. Watch three drag queens travel across the Australian desert performing for eccentric crowds. But one secret may put the group’s future in jeopardy. FOUR HOUR EVENT!
- Twister (1996): September 11, 7 p.m. University professor Dr. Jo Harding, played by Helen Hunt, prepares the prototype for Dorothy, a ground-breaking tornado data-gathering device. Showing this iconic film provides a tribute to Bill Paxton who passed in February.
Each film will be proceeded by live music and local comedians.
For tickets and more information, visit film.redrocksonline.com
$15 General Admission Ticket convenience fees apply
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., bands begin playing at 7 p.m., and movies start at dusk. $15 General Admission and $50 and up for VIP Peak Experience Packages.
VIP Peak Experience Ticket Packages
Trading Post Pre-Party Ticket- $47:
Enjoy games with Play Mile High, jams by the AXS Group, food from Steuben’s and beverages by Coors and Pepsi at the Historic Red Rocks Trading Post. This VIP experience gives you access to the roped-off VIP seating section near the stage so you can party in the Trading Post without worrying about finding a seat in the amphitheater.