Colorado has some great things to do for free throughout the year and some of our favorite Denver Bucket List destinations.
COLORADO FREE THINGS TO DO
FREE DAYS AT THE DENVER ZOO
2300 Steele St.
- The Denver Zoo will offer free admission on nine days in 2016:January 8, January 9, January 21, January 31, February 1, February 18, November 4, November 7 and November 17.
Daily Feedings & Shows at the Denver Zoo
- 10 am Lorikeet Adventure
- 10:15 am African Penguin Feeding
- 10:30 am Sea Lion Show
- 11:30 am Toyota Elephant Passage
- 12 pm Red River Hog Feeding
- 2 pm Africa’s Greatest Predators
- 2 pm Toyota Elephant Passage
- 2:30 pm Sea Lion Show
- 3:30 pm African Penguin Feeding
FREE DAYS AT THE DENVER BOTANIC GARDENS
Denver Botanic Gardens
1007 York Street
Denver, CO 80206
- Monday, Jan. 18 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- Monday, Feb. 15 (Presidents’ Day)
- Saturday, March 19 (World Water Day)
- Sunday, April 3
- Thursday, June 23
- Tuesday, July 26
- Wednesday, Sept. 14
- Friday, Nov. 11 (Winter Gift Market)
- Saturday, Nov. 12 (Winter Gift Market)
Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield
8500 West Deer Creek Canyon Road
Littleton, CO 80128
- Tuesday, Jan.
- Tuesday, Feb. 2
- Tuesday, March 1
- Tuesday, April 5
- Tuesday, June 7*
- Tuesday, July 12*
- Tuesday, Aug. 2*
- Tuesday, Nov. 1
*Butterflies at Chatfield will be open during these Free Days with paid admission for the butterfly house.
FREE DAYS AT THE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM
Children’s Museum of Denver
2121 Children’s Museum Dr.
- The Children’s Museum of Denver offers free admission on the first Tuesday night of each month from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. thanks to Target.
FREE DAYS AT THE DENVER MUSEUM OF NATURE & SCIENCE
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Blvd.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science will offer free general admission nearly once a month in 2016 on January 25, February 7,March 7, April 10, April 23, May 9, June 5, August 29, September 11, October 24, November 13 and December 12. A fee still applies to IMAX films, Planetarium shows, and temporary exhibitions.
FREE DAYS AT THE DENVER ART MUSEUM
Denver Art Museum
100 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy.
- Saturday, Jan. 4
- Saturday, Feb. 1
- Saturday, Mar. 1
- Saturday, Apr. 5
- Saturday, May 3
- Saturday, June 7
- Saturday, July 5
- Saturday, Aug. 2
- Saturday, Sept. 6
- Saturday, Oct. 4
- Saturday, Nov. 1
- Saturday, Dec. 6
Tours at the Denver Mint are free. Learn how to make reservations here.
Hudson Gardens in Littleton offer free admission every day.
Aurora History Museum
The Aurora History Museum offers free admission every day.
FREE DAYS AT NATIONAL PARKS IN COLORADO
- January 20: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 15-17: Presidents Day weekend
- April 19-20: National Park Week’s opening weekend
- August 25: National Park Service’s 98th birthday
- September 27: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day