OktoberWest – Steamboat Springs Favorite Fall Event
Pedaling Posse Parade
To kick off the weekend, join us for the Pedaling Posse Parade down Lincoln Avenue. This family-friendly event features a short loop through downtown.
Decorated two wheeled transportation and costumes are highly encouraged for the Friday night event. Prizes will be awarded for the best individual and group costumes- so get your posse together and start planning. Pedal on down to Little Toots Park at 5:30pm on Friday, September 21 for all the fun.
Suds & Grub
Tasting tokens will be sold at Little Toots and can be redeemed for beer tastings at participating restaurants. Restaurant specials include beer paired with small plates, appetizers, and beer tasting dinners.
OktoberWest (the main event!)
In its fourth year, OktoberWest is a popular event for both locals and visitors.
The gondola runs on Saturday and Sunday as the festivities move to the mountain base area with free concerts, an I Love Beef Cook-Off featuring local chefs and Colorado beef, ranch roundup games for the kids, and a Beer Garden with some of the best brews in the Rockies.
OktoberWest Event Schedule 2012
Friday, September 21 – Downtown Steamboat Springs
5:30pm Pedaling Posse Parade - Cruiser bikes lead the way from Little Toots Park (12th and Yampa St.) through historic downtown for the Suds & Grub event. Winner of the costume contest receives a $100 bar tab at The Tap House.
6pm Suds & Grub - Beer Tastings and Food Specials! Get your beer tasting tokens at Little Toots Park to be used at participating restaurants.
Saturday, September 22 – Steamboat Ski Area
- 10am- 4pm Gondola open - Buy a Saturday Gondola pass and it is good for the entire weekend
- 10am- 4pm 50% Off Coca-Cola Adventure Zone Activities
- 2:30- 3:30 pm Mile Markers FREE concert
- 2- 5pm I Love Beef Cook-Off & Tasting- Featuring Local Chefs and Colorado Beef
- 2- 6pm OktoberWest Festival - Gondola Transit Center, Mt. Werner Circle
- 2- 6pm Beer Garden Open- Free Beer Samples (some of the best brews in the Rockies)
- 2- 6pm Ranch Roundup Games for the kids
- 4:30 – 6pm Wheeler Brothers FREE concert
- 5:30pm Announcement of I Love Beef Cook-Off Winners
Sunday, September 23 – Steamboat Ski Area
- 9:30 am- 4pm Gondola open
- 10am- 4pm Coca-Cola Adventure Zone Activities
- 10:45am- 4pm $5 Bloody Mary Bar – Oasis Sundeck, top of the Gondola
Oktoberwest Festival Admission- FREE
I Love Beef Cook-Off – Available for $15 the day of the event
Beer Garden Tickets – $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Includes beer stein and tastings
Beer Garden & Beef Combo – $35 in advance, $40 at the door. Includes beer stein and beer/beef tastings
*No dogs allowed at the event site