Another Colorado Bucket List event in Snowmass Colorado
The Annual Snowmass Culinary & Arts Festival returns to Snowmass CO August 9 & 10. This Foodie event is just 3 hours from Denver and minutes from Aspen. If you’ve never gotten to experience the warm hospitality of this small mountain ski town in the summer you really should take this opportunity to give it a try.
Each day of the festival includes a juried art show all along the Snowmass Mall which is at a midway point on the ski hill and offers incredible views both up and down the slope. Above that the most crystalline blue sky you are likely to see anywhere. All this will be accompanied by small bites offered by locally and nationally renowned chefs along with Colorado made wine, beer and strong spirits.
All of the photos in the gallery were taken in 2011 when we were able to explore the Inaugural year of this one-of-a-kind event. Please take a look at the photo gallery at the end of the article to delight at the artful food pairings, Colorado wine and beverages and hospitality to be enjoyed in this delightful mountain getaway.
Combining Anderson Ranch Arts Center’s 33rd Annual Art Auction, Cooking Demos & Two-Hour Palate of Pairings Makes “The Perfect Day in Snowmass”
SNOWMASS VILLAGE, CO (August 5, 2013) — Snowmass Tourism announces the 4th Annual Snowmass Culinary Festival to be held Friday, August 9 and Saturday, August 10. Food and libations come together in the Palate of Pairings, featuring 20 small plates prepared by local and regional chefs, paired with beer, wine and spirits. The Perfect Day in Snowmass includes Anderson Ranch Arts Center’s 33rd Annual Art Auction and Community Picnic along with the Snowmass Village Heritage Celebration—all set in the scenic mountain splendor of Snowmass Village, Colorado.
The annual Anderson Ranch Arts Center’s art auction is the Ranch’s largest fundraiser of the year and a highlight of the Snowmass summer. Come peruse and bid on more than 200 pieces of art in a festive community atmosphere with a fun picnic lunch. All proceeds of the auction benefit the educational programs of the Anderson Ranch Arts Center. The art auction is free to attend. The picnic lunch is $15 for adults and children 12 and under eat for free. To check out the works of art or to bid online, go to http://paddle8.com/auctions/andersonranch.
The Snowmass Culinary Festival features Chef and host of the PBS Texas Cooking & Lifestyle series, Christy Rost and local chefs including Chef Daniel Forster of Venga Venga and Chef James Mazzio of The Edge Restaurant. The cooking demonstrations are free on Saturday, August 10. Tickets for the two-hour Palate of Pairings are only $45 ($10 discount with an Anderson Ranch auction paddle.) For more information on The Perfect Day in Snowmass or to purchase tickets for the Palate of Pairings, go to www.snowmasstourism.com. For more information on the art auction go to www.andersonranch.org.
Chronicle the unique history and people of Snowmass Village and be the first to preview the inspiring book “The Story of Snowmass Village.” A patron event held at the Viceroy Snowmass will begin at 6:00pm with libations on the Nest Deck. The Community Reception begins at 6:30pm, followed by the live art auction and dinner in the main ballroom of the Viceroy from 7:00pm until 9:00pm. There are two ticket options to choose from; Ticket Option 1 includes the Patron Sponsor Reception, dinner/dessert for $150 and Ticket Option 2 includes dinner/dessert for $50. For more information call 970-929-9090. This event is presented by the Snowmass Rotary.
2013 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, August 9
- 5-7 p.m. – Learn how to prepare authentic Mexican Beef Empanada by Chef Daniel Forster, paired with Tequila flights at Venga Venga. Additional passed appetizers and flight of Casa Noble Tequila. Cost: $40 tax and tip included.
- 5:30 p.m. – Krabloonik Adventure Series featuring guest speaker Lance Mackey, four-time winner of the Alaskan Iditarod Dog Sled race and the Yukon Quest. Event is free. For more information, call 970-923-3953.
Saturday, August 10
- 11:30am-2pm – Silent Auction, community picnic & live auction at Anderson Ranch Arts Center
- 11:30am-2pm – Lunch Buffet at Anderson Ranch Arts Center. Cost: $15 for adults, kids 12 and under eat for free.
- 12:30-1:45pm – Live art auction at Anderson Ranch Arts Center
- 1-2pm - Chef Demo: Chef Christy Rost – Deconstructing Delicious: What Makes Flavors of Colorado So Fabulous
- 1:30-3pm – Margaritas & Ice Cream Bar at Anderson Ranch Arts Center
- 2-3pm – Chef Demo: Chef James Mazzio – Easy Marinades, Rubs, & Sauces for Outdoor Grilling Fun
- 3-4pm – Wine Seminar: Nicholas Post from the International Wine Guild will discuss the basics of pairing wine and food and provide two examples featuring French regional wines and specialty cheeses.
- 4-6pm – Palate of Pairings, indulge in a feast of 20 small plates prepared by local and regional chefs paired with beer, wines and spirits. Cost: $45.
- 6-9pm – Snowmass Village Heritage Celebration, “The Story of Snowmass Village” reception live auction, and dinner at the Viceroy Snowmass. This event is presented by the Snowmass Rotary.
To buy tickets, call 970-927-9090 or go to www.snowmassrotary.com.
Tickets for Saturday’s event offer an incredible value at only $45 for the chef cooking demonstrations with food samplings along with the delicious and plentiful two-hour Palate of Pairings.
For more information, to purchase tickets and for lodging packages to enjoy The Perfect Day in Snowmass, go to www.snowmasstourism.com.
- The Silvertree Hotel is running a special Festival discount of $89.00/night and It sits right in the midst of the action. We have not yet had the pleasure of staying at this hotel so we can’t give you a personalized recommendation.
- The Viceroy Snowmass - This hotel is a new offering to the valley sitting at the base of the ski hill. It offers you incredible views, impeccable service and attention to detail, an incredibly attentive staff and some of the most beautiful and luxurious rooms in Colorado. If you are looking for a getaway at any time of the year we highly recommend this hotel.
- Top of the Village - If you are looking for a rustic, quiet out of the way experience with babbling brooks and wildlife at your doorstep then this large condominium complex might be just what you are looking for. It also features a wonderful pool and hot tub set surrounded by towering quaking aspens and pine tree’s. We’ve always spied a deer or two as we’ve soaked in the bubbling jets.
One of the most relaxing things about a vacation in Snowmass is that you never need to worry about driving and parking your car. There is a town shuttle that runs constantly up and down the mountain along with special services provided by the individual hotels and their staff. You won’t need a DD for this festival so everyone can enjoy the full experience.