February 1, 2011 (Denver) – Check in, tuck in, and get a great night’s sleep for a worthy cause from Denver’s Sage Hospitality. During the first two weeks of February, Sage hotels will donate overnight rates on randomly selected rooms to the guest’s choice of charity. Each of the 53 Sage properties across the country – including 16 hotels in Colorado – will be participating in While You Were Sleeping.
Photo Credit: Marriott Hotel
During the two weeks While You Were Sleeping runs – from Feb. 1-14, 2011 – each Sage property will choose four guests at random, and each guest’s room rate will be donated to a charity. Following a comfortable night’s sleep, the fortunate guest will learn that they were staying overnight for a good cause and be offered the opportunity to select a beneficiary from a list of renowned charities compiled by Sage Hospitality. These charities include FoodforthePoor.org, Volunteers of America,Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Big Brothers Big Sisters, World Vision andUNICEF.
Colorado hotels participating in the promotion include:
- The Curtis, a Doubletree Hotel, Denver
- Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown, Denver
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver South/Meridian, Englewood
- The JW Marriott Denver at Cherry Creek, Denver
- The Oxford Hotel, Denver
- Pueblo Marriott, Pueblo
- Marriott Denver Airport at Gateway Park, Denver
- Residence Inn by Marriott Denver City Center, Denver
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Boulder Broomfield, Broomfield
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Denver Downtown, Denver
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Denver Southeast, Denver
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Littleton Southwest, Littleton
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Denver Tech Center, Englewood
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Denver West Federal Center, Golden
- The Westin Westminster, Westminster
“From the betterment of local communities to aiding victims of the earthquake in Haiti, Sage has long held that charity begins in the boardroom as well as at home,” said Walter Isenberg, President and CEO of Sage Hospitality. “‘While You Were Sleeping’ is a creative way to open the eyes of guests and staff alike to the significance of philanthropy that spreads hope and inspiration at home and around the globe.”
The While You Were Sleeping promotion is just the latest charitable outreach effort from Sage Hospitality. Other recent funding drives have included Best in Class, a nationwide school partnership program offering volunteer and financial support to at-risk schools, and the Sage Relief Rate in January 2010, with a $10 donation from each room booked going to earthquake relief efforts in Haiti.
About Sage Hospitality
Founded in 1984, Sage Hospitality has strategically grown into one of the largest privately held hotel management and development companies in the nation operating a variety of large, full-service hotels and extended stay and select-service properties. Sage Hospitality’s comprehensive management portfolio includes major international brands for Marriott, Starwood, Hilton and IHG as well as the independent boutique hotels. Sage Hospitality has further differentiated with the creation of the Sage Restaurant Group, which has created and is managing 10 unique restaurant concepts including the acclaimed Mercat a la Planxa in Chicago. The company developed the innovative CoCo Key water resort brand with 10 destination hotel and water resort properties. For more information, please visit www.sagehospitality.com.