Sadly, this restaurant is closed for business
You all know how much we LOVE Richard Sandoval Restaurants from when we stalked him at the Snowmass Culinary & Arts Festival our review of Venga Venga and added La Sandia to the top spots for a glass of wine in South Denver here. This unique restaurant group is known for unique recipes, food presentation and spectacular decor so it wasn’t a surprise when Zengo introduced a new concept for downtown Denver Brunch aficionados, the bottomless brunch. What does that mean? Amazing small plates, free flowing brunch cocktails and a DJ for one very reasonable price.
Price: $35 per guest, $10 for children under 10
When: Saturday and Sunday 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
1610 Little Raven Street, Riverfront Park
Denver, CO 80202
There are three types of sushi included, our favorite was the Angry Zengo Roll that had tuna, wasabi tobiko, avocado and cucumber. The Thai Chicken Empanadas were ridiculously delicious with chile poblano, oaxaca cheese and mango salsa. We loved the presentation of the Beef Albondigas served in the individual sized cast iron skillets. They were wonderful little balls of beef joy with roasted red peppers, kimchee, spicy tomato hoisin topped with crispy onions (Note: I order anything that has crispy onions).
We LOVED this brunch… everything about it!
I went with my husband and daughter. My daughter wants to return with her 20 something friends and have a Fun Day Sunday as she called it starting there and following it up with Elitches/Sports Event/16th Street Mall walking and my husband got to eat small plates but have enough to eat.. Not always the case when you hear “small plates” but remember this is a bottomless brunch!
It was also a momentous occasion because I tried Sushi for the very first time.. WOW..It was really good.. I know.. I should have tried it sooner but this was just a place you could trust to do it up right.
Everything thing we ate was wonderful and between the three of us I think we ordered 90% of the small plates on the menu.
Of particular note was our server Heather. She was fantastic! She asked US if anyone had any food allergies (Normally you have to make a note of it yourself) When we told her there was a Shrimp allergy she let us know that the thai chicken empanadas did have shrimp in the sauce and she offered to have it served with that on the side.
If you are looking for something fun to do in Downtown Denver to start off your weekend we give Zengo Bottomless Brunch – 5 Bloody Maria’s ***** aka 5 Stars and have added it to our BEST BRUNCH IN DENVER list
You’ll see lots of singles, groups, couples and families so everyone is welcome.
Zengo is an artful blend of Latin-Asian styles and flavors. Chef-owner Richard Sandoval, whose accolades include Bon Appétit Restaurateur of the Year and Mexico’s Toque d’Oro, spins regional ingredients into beautifully balanced dishes designed for sharing.
The beverage menu features innovative, hand-muddled cocktails as well as Latin wines, Japanese sakes and over 400 Tequilas. The vibrant décor fuses traditional and contemporary tastes, the perfect setting to savor Zengo’s acclaimed cuisine.
Click to reserve online
ZENGO BOTTOMLESS BRUNCH MENU
chef de cuisine – clint wangsnes
- bloody mary – vodka / house-made mix
- bloody maria – vodka / house-made mix
- mimosa traditional – sparkling wine / orange juice
- passion fruit mimosa -sparkling wine / passion fruit puree
- sangria -red wine / triple sec / brandy / fruit juice / blackberry liqueur
- salmon benedict – poached egg / ciabatta / kimchee / chili hollandaise
- pork carnitas hash – poached egg / potato / poblano rajas /caramelized onion
- peking duck chilaquiles – fried egg / pickled onion / guajillo salsa / cotija crema / corn tortilla
*can be vegetarian
- crispy tofu – baby bok choy / bean sprouts / cilantro / ginger/ sesame sweet chili
- beef albondigas – roasted peppers / kimchee / crispy onions / spicy tomato hoisin
- achiote-hoisin pork arepas – corn masa / avocado / crema fresca
- potatoes & chorizo – roasted new potatoes / wagyu beef chorizo
- bacon roasted brussels sprouts – szechuan peppercorn / oyster sauce
- steamed jasmine rice with furikake
CEVICHES / SUSHI / SALAD
- angry zengo roll – tuna / wasabi tobiko / avocado / cucumber / sesame chipotle rouille
- vegetariano roll – grilled asparagus-scallion / red pepper / avocado / sweet sambal aioli
- give & take Chicken Salad – togarashi pecan / orange / cabbage / mixed greens /piloncillo-ginger vinaigrette
- kabayaki glazed salmon belly roll – crunchy tempura / roasted red pepper goat cheese grilled asparagus / avocado / spicy mustard
DIM SUM & ANTOJITOS
- edamame salted
- shrimp-vegetable potstickers – chile-dashi sauce
- thai chicken empanadas – chile poblano / oaxaca cheese / mango salsa
- ceviche mahi mahi – coconut / lime / charred pineapple / red onion / basil / bonito
- chorizo egg steamed buns – pork chorizo / egg / oaxaca cheese / daikon / carrot / cilantro / salsa roja
- bacon fried rice – scrambled egg / kimchee / scallion
- ancho bacon and egg – ancho cured bacon / black bean / pico de gallo
- Churros with mexican hot chocolate / chai whip
- Roasted plantains – honey-butter / ginger-chipotle mojo / crema
COFFEE, TEA & JUICE (NOTE) The only thing that you do have to pay for is the regular non-alcoholic drinks)
- orange juice 4
- grapefruit juice 4
- strawberry lemonade 4
- mango lemonade 4
- lemonade 3
- cappuccino 4
- espresso 3.5
- fiji 6
- san pellegrino 6
20% gratuity for parties of 8 or more guests-unlimited small plates must be enjoyed by entire table consumption of raw or partially cooked foods, while quite tasty, may be hazardous to your health please note that menu items may change based on the availability of ingredients
This menu was up to date March of 2013, Please see the menu on their website for any updates at www.richardsandoval.com/zengodenver